Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Great Reunion Trip Part 1

OK we have returned from our vacation to the great state of New Jersey. The target was Pat’s high school reunion but we took enough time to play tourist and visitor. We had a really fun time. Since we both were raised in the area but moved away many years ago it was  trip down memory lane.

First stop was my birth place in Pennsylvania. The house is now gone but I got pictures of the new building. Sad to say there was no historical (hysterical?) marker there. We drove around a bit, looked at some places I have not seen in so long, had dinner and moved on to New Jersey.

We visited Pat’s sister Laurie and family, took a day to tour the area and then had dinner with an old (young) friend.

On Thursday friends Ed & Ellen took us to WheatonArts in Millville, NJ. A really nice place to visit and a wonderful American Glass Museum. The trip was worth the time and I would recommend it to anyone. What made it better was the companionship of Ed & Ellen.

Next up the reunion.

I titled this Part 1 so that when we get the pictures finished I can put some of them up here and some at Picasa and put a link here for all to see. We had a wonderful time at the reunion and I am going to ask Pat for help in writing that part up.

I along with many others have learned that you can’t go home. (Thomas Wolf wrote the book). It was fun and seeing the people was great however home is here. Home is wherever we are.

Note: This is the first post since last year that I have put up here. I will try again to post more news as time goes on. I remember the Christmas letter we used to get from people however I would like to do this more often than once a year. We shall see.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons license.

No comments:

Post a Comment